Systemic Thinking with Fritjof Capra
– Capra Course –
The Future of Business and Leadership
In order for business to be relevant to consumers they need to be part of the solution to the big problems we face in the world today. This requires that leaders at the helm of business, in academia and education, politics and society need to learn to see in systems, also called visual thinking. Seeing the interrelated patterns both internally in the organization’s social and power flows; and externally, how the business behaves in context of community, nation and the world scale will enable the leaders of tomorrow to create high performing team, stay at the forefront of innovation and business acumen, and ahead of the curve of relevance.
Intro Fritjof Capra
Not only is Fritjof a distinguished scientist and systems theorist, he is also an environmental educator and one of the world’s most recognized environmental activists. During the last three decades, a new conception of life has emerged at the forefront of science. It is a unified view that integrates life’s biological, cognitive, social and ecological dimensions. At the very core of this new understanding of life we find a profound change of metaphors: from seeing the world as a machine to understanding it as a network.
This new science of life is now being developed by outstanding researchers and their teams around the world. Fritjof Capra has integrated their concepts and ideas into a single coherent framework — a unique synthesis, which he is teaching for the first time in his online course Capra Course.
Fritjof calls the new conception of life a “systems view” because it involves a new kind of thinking — thinking in terms of relationships, patterns, and context. In science, this way of thinking is known as “systems thinking,” or “systemic thinking,” because it is crucial to understanding living systems of any kind — living organisms, social systems, or ecosystems. Systems thinking makes us aware of the fact that the major problems of our time — energy, economics, climate change, inequality —are all interconnected and interdependent. They are systemic problems that require corresponding systemic solutions.
- Twelve pre-recorded lectures
- Each lecture ca. 40 minutes long
- Each lecture contains a written lecture overview
- Each lecture offers supplemental video and reading material
- Systems Thinking
- The Web of Life
- Order and Complexity in the living World
- The Systems View of Evolution
- Mind and Consciousness
- Science and Spirituality
- The Systems View of Health
- Life, Mind and Society
- Life and Leadership in Organizations
- The Ecological Dimension of Life
- Systems Thinking and the State of the World
- Systemic Solutions
How It Works
- Small businesses, Corporate and Academic group rates for Private Online Editions (from 1 – 41+ people)
- Access to all the lectures and supplementary materials for a specified time period
- Custom-organize lecture topics to fit your organization’s needs
- Can be a stand-alone course or in conjunction with conscious leadership development programs
- In order to provide guidance, feedback and commentary related to your organization’s area of interest, Fritjof will be available for conversations in person via Skype 1 hour included in price for small businesses, and 2 hours for large businesses. Additional hours can be purchased seperately.
- In order to integrate the course material into the organization’s leadership training and business integration, Sandja Brügmann or one of our esteemed experts at The Passion Institute will be available in person and via Skype to customize to your needs.
Image courtesy Fritjof Capra
Please contact us using this email to discuss a Private Edition of the Capra Course, tailor-made to your needs. Please specify:
- Name of your company or academic institution
- How many people will be taking the course
- The time period you would want to have access to the course materials
For more information please visit Capra Course.
“A systems view of life is critical today for all professions, because the major problems of our time are systemic problems — all interconnected and interdependent — and they need corresponding systemic solutions. The systems view of life provides the conceptual framework for such systemic solutions.”
In order for business to be relevant to consumers they need to be part of the solution to the big problems we face in the world today. This requires that leaders at the helm of business, in academia and education, politics and society need to learn to see in systems, also called visual thinking. Fritjof Capra is one of the world's most recognized scientists and leaders in this area, and I am very profoundly grateful that we can offer his new Capra Course to our clients.
In my view, the major challenge of our time is to create and nurture sustainable communities - that is, communities in which our ways of life, businesses, economies, technologies, and so on do not interfere with nature’s inherent ability to sustain life.
So I would say, a company who is serious about taking on this challenge needs to ask itself: Are our products and services life-enhancing or life destroying? This is much more than recycling office paper and plastics. The very core of the business needs to be questioned.